It’s that time of year! County county promotion grant applications are live. These grants are to help counties amplify local efforts and help amplify Farm Bureau’s brand out in local communities in order to increase membership. Think of this program as a way to spread the word about the great things that the county is doing and a way to go further than you have before with your programs. Here are a few examples of events and programs that were awarded grants in the past:
- Host events/meetings where the public is invited to learn about issues like mental health.
- Create “How To” videos on projects like hoop houses.
- Host an open house event to introduce you local CFBIC agents to your community.
- Sponsor and promote a food drive to deliver goods to local food banks.
- Go all out and create a unique and engaging promotional booth at county fairs.
- Get the Farm Bureau name out there and engage youth by contributing to 4-H and FFA fair premiums.
- Host social media challenges to engage others in your community.
- Create unique advertising spots for local radio.
If counties can dream it, CFB wants to help!
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for county grants is April 30, 2021! Get those applications in so we can help you amplify your county’s voice.
While you’re at it…Apply for the 2021 County Awards of Excellence!
While you’re thinking about planning your activities for the years and thinking about county awards, use the 2021 County Awards of Excellence applications to help plan! Each year, County Awards of Excellence celebrate the good work county farm bureaus are doing to spread the word of the organization in their community. Counties can apply for an award based on activities and involvement that occurred in 2021. Applications are reviewed and awarded at the 2021 CFB Annual Meeting.
Program categories that are eligible for awards include:
- Policy Implementation
- Local Affairs
- Leadership Development
- Membership Initiatives
- New Horizon
Please remember to fill out an application for each program or project you wish to submit for consideration.
This year, counties may be asked to provide photos and additional information after their application has been submitted for a chance to be showcased during the 2021 Annual meeting. Remember, these awards can go hand in hand with the County Promotional & Advertising Grant above. Each grant winner is required to submit an award of excellence in one of the corresponding categories.
Good luck on your applications and please remember the deadline for submission of application in each program area is October 22, 2021. So you have lots of time to make this application great!
If you have any questions or suggestions about the County Grants or the County Awards of Excellence program, please contact Jayde (email@example.com).